Could this be autism?

Hello guys
So I've been wondering for a year now about whether I'm autistic or not. I went to a psychiatrist to get a disgnoiss about my memory and social issue and on the report it was written I might be autistic but they are not sure.

I don't want u to diagnose me I just want to know if what I'm saying is pretty normal or not. And Im kinda scared to get a disgnoiss because maybe it turns out I'm just stupid or something

========================================
I relate to the autistic social issues 100%
But I'm not sure about the others.

Does this sound normal normal peoples sensory issues or are they similar to autistic people*?

Sense of smell

I can't stand the smell of garlic, onions, chicken and candles. I feel gaggy and I get really upset.

One time I was cooking chicken wings in the oven and I couldn't stand the smell and felt gaggy all the time. I also felt like a dirty chicken and I felt like I wasn't supposed to touch anything because I will contaminate everything. And when they finished cooking I couldn't stand to eat them so I threw them.

Sense of taste

I can't taste food. It's really minimal like in my coffee or tea I add 5 spoonfuls of sugar because i can't taste it otherwise and it feels bland.
I also add aloooot of salt into fries, corn, salads. The same goes with spicy and sour stuff.
But there r food I can't stand to eat because of their texture/smell/taste like mushrooms, sausage, onions, garlicy foods, sushi and anything slimy.

I think I have a normal sense of touch and I don't get affected by lights.

Are those obsessions or just normal interests?

One time in school I was standing next to my classmate and I was really enthusiastic about telling her about  SpongeBob (at that time I really liked SpongeBob) I asked her "wanna hear interesting stuff about SpongeBob?" she said "no" but I didn't think she didn't want to hear about it I just thought she must be idk shy so I began telling her all about SpongeBob and I would follow her to contiune my story about SpongeBob. Looking bk she was pretty annoyed and left and didn't want to hear but I didn't know so I continued.

Something similar happened. At the time I was interested in ghosts and stuff. I'd watch movies and read online about ghosts and different types of ghosts and other similar creatures so u can differentiate them. I especially liked cat ghosts so I'd make a colored booklet about those types and how to avoid them. I gave this booklet to the same girl and her group of friends. Man I think she hates me and thought I'm really annoying.

I don't know if this can be considered as an obsession but here it is. There was a time where I watched 800 episodes of anime in 1 month and my phone bill was 140£ (pounders). And I memorised all the opening and ending songs and did so many quizzes and made lists about them. I thought I was an anime database.

I don't have routines. Or can someone explain to me what is considered a routine? And how or what happens when something changes? Don't really understand this part.

I do fidget especially when I'm nervous or talking or doing nothing or being careless. Like doing stuff with my hands and moving my legs.

I also have a language disability, concentration and memory issues.

Many thanks for replying and reading !

Parents Reply Children
No Data