Running Out Of Hope

Not sure how I am coping currently, I finding very hard to concentrate and do tasks.

I break down emotional every day feeling hopeless.

It feels as everyone hates me especially after my meltdowns especially at work (which I documented in the community forum a few weeks ago)

I just make the same mistakes over and over. 

I have a loving wife and daughter, but my wife can't take much more, over the last two months we have talked about going our seperate ways.

I have alienated family, colleagues and neighbours, I don't have any friends.

I have tried various help, but I have no long term support for my disability including Mencap.

I was contacted by a Mencap worker a few weeks ago after establishing links through the NAS, but I had no support, not even spoken to them in person or by phone. I had a few emails but only to establish my current situation, now my emails are ignored.

I feel depressed and lonely, is it worth me continuing ? I f I go to the doctor I guess I will be put on tablets.

Please help!

Parents
  • Dear ,

I am sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time.

As ElephantInTheRoom suggested, you may like to contact the Samaritans. The Samaritans also provide confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day on 116 123, or by email on jo@samaritans.org.

If you are struggling to cope, it’s very important to tell someone about your feelings or thoughts . Call your GP and make an urgent appointment. Your GP can make sure you get appropriate help and support.

If it’s outside your GP hours call  111 to reach the NHS 111 service:  http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/Emergencyandurgentcareservices/Pages/NHS-111.aspx

It also may be worthwhile contacting your Local Authority's Adult Safeguarding Service who should be able to help you get some support. If you feel that you are able to do this yourself, you can find their details by typing into a search engine such as google: “[your local authority] [Adult] safeguarding team”.

You would be looking for a webpage specific to your Local Authority (council) which should include the contact details for your area’s safeguarding services. In order to be certain that the webpage is specific to your Local Authority, please keep an eye out for the webpage url address to end in “.gov.uk” as authority and government body websites will end in this suffix.

Kind regards,

Ayshe Mod

• Dear ,

I am sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time.

As ElephantInTheRoom suggested, you may like to contact the Samaritans. The Samaritans also provide confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day on 116 123, or by email on jo@samaritans.org.

If you are struggling to cope, it’s very important to tell someone about your feelings or thoughts . Call your GP and make an urgent appointment. Your GP can make sure you get appropriate help and support.

If it’s outside your GP hours call  111 to reach the NHS 111 service:  http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/Emergencyandurgentcareservices/Pages/NHS-111.aspx

It also may be worthwhile contacting your Local Authority's Adult Safeguarding Service who should be able to help you get some support. If you feel that you are able to do this yourself, you can find their details by typing into a search engine such as google: “[your local authority] [Adult] safeguarding team”.

You would be looking for a webpage specific to your Local Authority (council) which should include the contact details for your area’s safeguarding services. In order to be certain that the webpage is specific to your Local Authority, please keep an eye out for the webpage url address to end in “.gov.uk” as authority and government body websites will end in this suffix.

Kind regards,

Ayshe Mod

Children
No Data