Do people look at you as though they know you're odd

I notice it when I go shopping with my stepdaughter or granddaughter. That look that says "WTF have we got here then?" I sense I give off certain vibes.

Parents
  • I certainly hope so!

I now dress in clothes that represent who I want to be, I feel most comfortable in and I feel confident in them,

victorian or country gent, jacket waist coat, pocket watch, twin Albert chain( google it) polished old style leather shoes, peaked hat, braces, collarless shirts, small pair of reading glasses perched on the end of my nose.

I do get looks yes, but mostly I am told how well turned out I am, 

I dress how I want to after thirty odd years dressing to fit, 

If and when I feel really brave and have found true confidence and belief in myself I will wear hippie style clothes, I buy them and often wear them at weekends at home, so colourful and light, sensory as well, Society is cruel however, having the strength to wear clothes like this takes grit and self belief, not there quite yet, but working in it. 

Just wish I could get pictures to post on here, NAS says don’t post personal details or pictures of yourself, surely if I cut my head off then all will be fine? Lol. 

Yes I constantly look for affirmation, I have suffered all my life struggling to fit and not succeeding, being me is a real new challenge, 

I love colour and texture in clothing, men’s clothing is boring , plain, scruffy looking, short baggy shorts and trainers yuk, 

• Sounds good to me! Clothes are like camoflage & I often find that I feel completely different depending on the way that I dress.

Also, as everyone that has ever worn a suit to a job interview knows, most people make assumptions based on what you wear, so varying your style of dress is an easy way to influence other people's perceptions of you as well.

• Clothes are armour - what you wear and how you wear it makes a difference to how vulnerable you look.

Reply Children
No Data