Avoiding Shops at Christmas

For many of us, this time of year can be a nightmare.  It's about now I avoid towns and shops.  There are far too many people, too much noise and I hate it.

I do all of my shopping online. 

Parents
  • I dont mond shopping sometimes but at this time of year hate it too. I dont like when the shopping centres and supermarkets are busy. I dont like people walking behind me following me down the aisles. I dont like people getting in my way when im trying to get something off a shelf or rail.I dont like how people have few manners. I dont like how its rammed down our throats from october with christmas lights and adverts everywhere. I dont like how its too hot in the shops and cold outside. Im not religious but i hate how its turned into the biggest money making event ever. I dont like the throwaway consumerist aspect of it. It makes me sad to see the disparity between shoppers with their bags and homeless people in sleeping bags. I dont like how all the winter clothes are so thin and of poor quality. I dont like the special offers which confuse me. Just sell them cheap to begin with.

I just want it to feel like it did when i was a child. I can remember how it felt.

• Unfortunately that's capitalism/corporatism - the corps need to sell things to stay in existence, plus they have those lovely shareholders that they need to deliver returns and "value" to.

Reply Children
No Data