Instagram, snapchat, twitter, fb

Hi.

I was briefly on Fb and twitter and found it intensely boring.  I found I had very little to post on there and few friends, followers etc.

Is anyone on these things and enjoy?

Perhaps I am doing it wrong?

Parents
  • Hi Creek,

I was on FB for years - mainly using it for some of the political groups and Aspie groups.  One or two of the latter are quite good, but others are a bit silly and juvenile.  I barely use FB at all now.  I pop on there once in a while just to see what some people are doing, but that's all.

I tried Twitter for a while, but didn't really get in with it.  Again, there's probably some useful stuff on there.  But it's not for me.

I've never tried Instagram or Snapchat.  I use to find FB a huge enough swallower of time, let alone doing anything else.  They're very addictive, too - as they're designed to be.

I guess it depends on what works for people, though, and for a lot of us that level of social interaction can be useful.  I found now that I've cut back on those things, I've found more time to concentrate on other things.  I guess it helped me for a while.

This is pretty much the only 'social' media I use now, and I find it friendlier and more informative.  I came unstuck on FB a few times with bullying, etc., and posting stuff whilst I was drunk that backfired on me.  I've learned my lesson!

• This community is so much friendlier and more welcoming than most online things. Obviously autistic people are really great at being sociable - who knew?! Blush

Reply Children
No Data