Nicknames

I feel like I really should change my name on here so it no longer comes up as a number. Problem is I really don't like nicknames very much and don't want it to be anything to do with my actual name. How do people come up with their names? Some of them are so clever.

Parents
  • Nothing clever about mine, its one of my heroes Steve Jones one time guitarist with the Sex Pistols and nowadays a radio DJ in Los Angeles... He may well also be an Aspie or as he refers to is Arseburgers although that is mostly speculation on my part but he did seem to recognise some traits in himself whilst interviewing Gary Numan on air recently.

• I've been reading transcripts of some interviews with Steve Jones  - his autobiography looks like it would be a fascinating read too

• Yes its a great read, he is very frank and open about his life. He had a pretty tough time as a kid as well as post Pistols when he hit the smack. He doesn't sugar coat anything but his sense of humour really balances out the tough bits. He has done an audio book of it too which I'm thinking of getting as I'd like to hear it again from the horses mouth. 
    Dunno if you have heard any of his Jonsey's Jukebox radio interviews? Many of them are fab and are up on youtube;
    www.youtube.com/.../videos

• Yes its a great read, he is very frank and open about his life. He had a pretty tough time as a kid as well as post Pistols when he hit the smack. He doesn't sugar coat anything but his sense of humour really balances out the tough bits. He has done an audio book of it too which I'm thinking of getting as I'd like to hear it again from the horses mouth. 
    Dunno if you have heard any of his Jonsey's Jukebox radio interviews? Many of them are fab and are up on youtube;
    www.youtube.com/.../videos

Children
No Data