Nicknames

I feel like I really should change my name on here so it no longer comes up as a number. Problem is I really don't like nicknames very much and don't want it to be anything to do with my actual name. How do people come up with their names? Some of them are so clever.

Parents
  • My name on here was chosen by me as it described how I felt  on a completely different kind of forum, would you believe a forum for questions and guidance relating to health and safety!

I had successfully completed a training coarse on safety and decided I had to find out everything I could about the subject,, typical behaviour for me and probably quite a few other ASD folk on here, 

I wasn’t appreciated where I worked as it looked like I was causing extra work, trying to get the men on board with improving things was not welcomed, trying my best to advise my bosses as to why it would benefit them in the long term, it seemed I was fighting a lost battle hence warrior, and I felt alone in my pursuit,,, so lonewarrior it was, and I just carried it over to here, 

I have been called a warrior protector a few times on here, I stand up for anyone I see as being misjudged or if I think someone is being unfairly treated or an injustice is taking place I try my best to show the perpetrator the error of their ways, I try not  to get involved and maybe I self appoint  myself to judge others, I get carried away by seeing it isn’t right or fair, 

I just can’t sit back and do nothing, can I?

• My name on here was chosen by me as it described how I felt  on a completely different kind of forum, would you believe a forum for questions and guidance relating to health and safety!

I had successfully completed a training coarse on safety and decided I had to find out everything I could about the subject,, typical behaviour for me and probably quite a few other ASD folk on here, 

I wasn’t appreciated where I worked as it looked like I was causing extra work, trying to get the men on board with improving things was not welcomed, trying my best to advise my bosses as to why it would benefit them in the long term, it seemed I was fighting a lost battle hence warrior, and I felt alone in my pursuit,,, so lonewarrior it was, and I just carried it over to here, 

I have been called a warrior protector a few times on here, I stand up for anyone I see as being misjudged or if I think someone is being unfairly treated or an injustice is taking place I try my best to show the perpetrator the error of their ways, I try not  to get involved and maybe I self appoint  myself to judge others, I get carried away by seeing it isn’t right or fair, 

I just can’t sit back and do nothing, can I?

Children
  • This is really fascinating Lonewarrior - I have already noticed how supportive you are to people in this online community and I can imagine you stepping in to protect them. It make me feeler safer knowing you are here.

I got into trouble with my boss recently when I reported an accident at work. I was following company policy and procedures (and indeed H&S legislation) but I knew she'd be annoyed. Something  she said could't be fixed for weeks was tmended overnight but things have been difficult since.

Your description of fighting lost battles and standing up against injustice, misjudgment and unfair treatment of others is very familiar. I usually agonise before saying something because I know it will almost certainly backfire on me, but standing by and doing nothing is so much worse. 

A warrior protector is a wonderful thing to be!