Hair cut anxiety

Does anyone else have issues with hair cuts?

I hate being touched especially on the head. I've always hated getting my hair cut. But I also hate it getting long and will not tie it back so have no choice but to get it cut regularly.

The person that has cut it since I was quite young - for at least 15 years has given up hair dressing. This has really thrown me and I'm now really anxious about finding someone new to cut it. I'm not keen on meeting new people either so that really doesn't help. I don't even know where to start to look for someone new that may have a bit of understanding. My old hairdresser always cut it the same every time. The thought of someone cutting it differently really freaks me out.

Probably sounds a bit daft at nearly 30 but this is a massive issue for me.

Parents
  • I dont have a diagnosis but think i may have ASC. ive always hated getting my hair cut. I think its more the sitting so closely with someone and having to make conversation. Ive been going to the same place since 2010 as she has a eeally good understanding of how i wear my hair. Ive had the same haircut for most of this time. I feel relatively at ease in her company which ive never felt before with a hairdresser and all the staff are really down to earth. 

I think when i was younger as a child i hated my mum washing and drying my hair

• I dont have a diagnosis but think i may have ASC. ive always hated getting my hair cut. I think its more the sitting so closely with someone and having to make conversation. Ive been going to the same place since 2010 as she has a eeally good understanding of how i wear my hair. Ive had the same haircut for most of this time. I feel relatively at ease in her company which ive never felt before with a hairdresser and all the staff are really down to earth. 

I think when i was younger as a child i hated my mum washing and drying my hair

Children
  • Ye I hate the conversation part as well. Like you I was ok with my old hairdresser. She was very down to earth and not at all your typical hairdresser so I did feel more comfortable with her. I can't imagine finding that again as it is rare that I feel comfortable with someone I don't see all the time.

I also hate other people commenting to me when I've had a hair cut so that doesn't help either.

I remember many a time screaming about my mum washing my hair.