Have you got a favourite mug?

Have you got a favourite mug? This is one of mine.

• Bought for my mathematician daughter but kept for myself (bit selfish!)
  • I love numbers but get maths anxiety (so full of contradictions!) 
  • My ginger 'fresh' tea is 2 years out of date (frugal streak!) 

Do share your favourite mug - photo or description - I find mugs fascinating 

Parents
  • Aah! Mugs! Don't get me started....

I have different mugs for different drinks. And different spoons to go with the mugs. So at home there is my coffee mug (Count Duckula) which goes with the coffee spoon (little pattern on handle, looks like Js); then there is my hot chocolate mug (Dalek) with my hot chocolate spoon (says "property of Ramsay street" on it),. The dilemma of course is when I want hot squash. Eventually settled on using the hot chocolate mug with the hot chocolate spoon.

At work EVERYONE know not to touch my mug. Has "I love spreadheeets" on it. Has to multitask for daily coffee and the occasional cuppa soup. No favourite work spoon though!

• I love these descriptions of your mugs - so,glad you mentioned hot squash as that was my favourite ever drink as a child. Somehow I had completely forgotten about it until I read your post. I am going get some tomorrow and see if it tastes as good as I remember. Glad people at work respect your mug. I got very upset when my work mug went missing for several days. Probably quite wise not to attempt to have a special work spoon - what is it with spoons at work? They always seem to disappear and we end up stirring our drinks with a fork! 

• Hot squash is known as "sludge" because I make a mixture of orange and blackcurrant and it looks errr sludge coloured! 

My head of dept did hide my mug recently and I had a meltdown... Turned out she was just tidying not hiding it,  but my paranoia of course convinced me it was deliberate!! 

• I have now tried hot squash and it tastes just as delicious as it did 50 years ago!

Haven't been brave enough to try 'sludge' yet (I may test it on a small child first!)

• You could do what famous code-breaker and computer scientist Alan Turing used to do. Padlock and chain your mug to a radiator when you're not using it!

Reply Children