Have you got a favourite mug?

Have you got a favourite mug? This is one of mine.

• Bought for my mathematician daughter but kept for myself (bit selfish!)
  • I love numbers but get maths anxiety (so full of contradictions!) 
  • My ginger 'fresh' tea is 2 years out of date (frugal streak!) 

Do share your favourite mug - photo or description - I find mugs fascinating 

• After years of trial & error I finally found the perfect vessel for my caffe latte...

It is so "favourite" I bought 24 of them...

• Yes. A mug by the Rock Band Nirvana. Who's music i enjoy. Will always try to use that first.  Routine is an ASD persons friend.

• Wow, we look alike. I use different cups for different drinks too, otherwise I don't enjoy what I drink.

• I adore tea, so I have plenty of mugs. I choose a mug based on my mood. I like to use a different mug for each type of tea, for example, I like to drink red tea from a transparent mug so that I can enjoy its beautiful colour. But in general, I like regular black tea best. The black tea mug is my favourite because my mother gave it to me for my birthday. Here's a website where you can look at these mugs lovemug.club. Unfortunately, my phone camera broke and I can't take a picture of it myself.

• Took me a while to work this out - I was visualising a mug with a picture of you on it.

I was going to call this thread 'Show Us Your Mug' but this seemed even more ambiguous! 

• From a literal Aspie perspective, yes

• as in you are your favourite mug?

• Tea is usually served in small glass cups in Iran. Teahouses are everywhere although they seem to be a bit more like pubs, complete with their etiquette and clientele, than British tea and coffee shops.

The traditional British cuppa is declining amongst the younger generation who increasingly prefer fancy varieties of  tea but it's unlikely that tea leaves will ever make a big comeback in Britain.

• It sounds like the tea in my favourite Iranian restaurant The Persian Cottage in Middlesbrough. It is delicate and fragrant, and it is served in a lovely teapot, kept warm over a candle. 

• I only really liked tea when I lived in Iran. It's a nation of tea connoisseurs who think that the British generally do not understand tea or have a particularly good taste in tea. In Iran tea is always made from leaves and blended according to tastes and the water hardness. There are many shops which sell loose tea leaves and will blend them for you. Tea in Iran is rarely as strong as the British cuppa enjoyed by builders because the normal British blends are heavily based on Assam tea.

• That sounds amazing - I like the visual image of the orange glow coming from the steel works. This image from Google is what the Middlesbrough industrial area looks like at night 

• I've never been to Middlesbrough.  I have spent time in the area, Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Whitby, Darlington.  

But in Sheffield I travelled in daytime and after dark when the steel works were operating and I could see the orange glow coming from the buildings.

• This is exactly the same type of spoon  that is £20 on Gumtree! 

• Sounds amazing! Have you ever seen industrial areas at night? I got lost in Middlesbrough after dark and ended up in an incredible dystopian fairyland. Lights, steam and buildings bigger than cathedrals. 

• A friend told me about when he went on a day trip to Blackpool as a kid in the early 1980s with his grandparents. Whilst out and about his grandfather noticed an abandoned British Rail plate with a British Rail knife and fork. His grandfather picked it up, to the disgust of his grandmother who ranted on about it being dirty, and insisted that he took it back to the train station. There was a big queue of people buying tickets at the station and when he finally reached the ticket office window he handed the plate in then all the other passengers gave him a funny look.

They were the days when they served proper meals with proper tableware on Intercity trains.

Does anybody remember the giant cookies sold in the buffet cars? 

• In 1981 I started traveling by bus into Sheffield from the M1 to the city centre through the Don valley ,  through miles of steel works, dark tall canyons with all the steel works still operating at full capacity.  Mile after mile of steel works. It's a sight I will always remember.  

Soon after they started closing them down.  Then the demolitions started.  Then it turned into a desolate post industrial wasteland.

• justifiably so,,, in my humble opinion Lol.

Treasure It well. Memories like that are worth hanging on to, all our memories collectively tell us Although life was hard, we got by, resilience was a way of life, still is sadly, but the dynamics have shifted considerably, 

• It has huge memories, 

bare with me, 

my first real job was as a labourer helping refurbish a huge building, so labourer, chippy, steel fixer, scaffolder, just about everything, learning as I went, mostly all Irish workers, great men, they gambled and drank, always up for the crack, They taught me to mask, they mocked my “ posh” ! Accent? So in order to fit I learnt to cuss and started talking with an Irish lilt, picked up thief words, started to fit in and be accepted.

As a kid I went to visit the factory on an open day, saw the dark cold conditions, loud machines, massive presses, men stuck doing just one repetitive job day in day out, vowed I would never work there, and never did, not on assembly any way, just building work. 

So my first proper job, paid well in comparison to my mates all doing apprenticeships,  the canteen staff were lovely, down to earth and always friendly,