Asperger's Mum but failing....help

Hi

I 've not really done this much but I am seriously struggling and have no idea how to change things.  I am wondering if there are any other mothers with Asperge'rs who find raising their children hard? 

I have 2 daughters and I am constantly worrying that my parenting is damaging them.  My youngest daughter has these almost panic attacks where she starts screaming and I am useless at comforting her because the noise just sends me into flight mode where I just run away, either physically or mentally.  When I am in a good place I can hold her and stay with her which isn't very often.  I have tried to get the GP to help but he isn't interested and I just don't know what to do for the best.  

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi Maaya,

Can I just ask a couple of general questions.  What, in your mind, seems to be the trigger for these episodes, and does she communicate these triggers to you?  Is she like it at school as well, or just at home (assuming that she is of school age)?

Tom

• Hi Maaya,

Can I just ask a couple of general questions.  What, in your mind, seems to be the trigger for these episodes, and does she communicate these triggers to you?  Is she like it at school as well, or just at home (assuming that she is of school age)?

Tom

Children
  • She is 6, the triggers are quite varied;  losing a game, hair washing, things not going as she thought they would, sometimes she just gets through the doorway from school argues with her sister and boom! She is very keen on fairness and if she feels she has not been treated like her sister then that can cause it too.  I am really not dealing with it very well and I wonder if that has made it worse but I am at a loss as to what to do.  There are no real problems at school she is hardworking and very well behaved.  Although she gets anxious about her work as it has to be perfect.