Did anything good happen today? September 2018

Did something good happen today?

Please share it with us no matter how big or small it may be. 

Sometimes reading about your good things will help someone who is feeling bad and sometimes when you are feeling bad it might help to remember that a few days ago something good happened.

Parents
  • Had a bath, changed my bedding, and got my shopping done. Not particularly exciting "good happenings", but I've been having one of my regular wallowings in not looking after my hygiene and chores properly and eating only snack foods. I need to get on top of things for my rapidly approaching Work Capability Assessment and finding the support that I'll need with it, so it's good to feel that I've hauled myself out of the rut, at least a little bit.

• At least it’s sunny. That helps.Hope the next rut is miles away! 

Reply Children
  • I think animals that hibernate have the right idea! I’ve bought a light box as I’m a SAD person too. Don’t know if it will make any difference yet. Yes the BP tortoise had it easy. Bears in the wild must get really cold! 

• Thanks, Alice. Yes, a bit of sun certainly does wonders for my mood. I think part of the rut is anticipation of my usual winter Seasonal Affective Disorder. It won't be long before I just want to be placed in a hay-box in a cupboard and left to hibernate for a few months (I used to be so jealous of the Blue Peter tortoise when I was a kid!)