Did anything good happen today? September 2018

Did something good happen today?

Please share it with us no matter how big or small it may be. 

Sometimes reading about your good things will help someone who is feeling bad and sometimes when you are feeling bad it might help to remember that a few days ago something good happened.

Parents
  • I returned to work today, full of dread, following 3 weeks off: 2 weeks of stressful annual leave followed by a week of sickness.

First person I saw was another young supporter worker whose face lit up when she saw me.

'I've been so excited because I knew you were coming back today!' she said.  That lifted my step a bit!

Then, this morning, I and a couple of other staff members took some of the service users to a 'cat cafe' run by a local cat rescue centre.  A cafe... with cats everywhere.  Somehow, they do it in compliance with food hygiene regulations!  It was great.  They loved it.  I sat with a tiny black kitten asleep on my lap for most of the time.  And the tea was good, too.

Then, this afternoon, I took a couple of other guys trampolining.

I had to leave work early then to go to my doctor's surgery for my five-yearly 'over 40' health check-up.  Everything was good.  Cholesterol fine.  Blood pressure normal.  BMI healthy.  Blood sugar fine.  Kidney and liver function fine.  The only downside was when I mentioned the alcohol - and I was honest.  But she said 'At least you realise you're drinking to harmful levels, and you're trying to do something about it.  Apart from that, the calculation shows your heart age as a year younger than your actual age.  Overall, you're a tall, lean, fit and healthy man who just needs to keep tabs on his drinking.'

I was so chuffed I left my coat there and had to go back for it.

So... a day I was dreading.  And it was the best day for ages! :)

...and I didn't have to work with the narc, either!

• Sounds all good Tom. You are obviously a valued support worker. Hope things continue to be better for you. I’ve never been in a cat cafe. Sounds like my cup of tea! 

Reply Children
No Data