Did anything good happen today? Aug 2018

I hope this is still ok, so often we are talking about our problems, and quite rightly so, we have so many and very few places to get help but I think we should also have a place to share our successes how ever small they may be.

Did something make you smile or make you feel good?

Did you do something that you struggle with?

Please share what ever it is.

Song.

Parents
  • My youngest daughter got her GCSE results over the phone today (we are on holiday so they were posted to the house and her big brother opened them for us)

I am a very proud mummy right now.

• @Song ,

And so you should be, I imagine it was a stressful time waiting for the results and to get them whilst on holiday can have only made the holiday so much nicer for all.

well done to you both and let’s not forget the teachers who go that extra mile to see the potential in every child.

• The teachers in this case didn't see the potential so she has been home schooled.

• i had an amazing teacher called Mrs Bradley when I was at school, she is the reason I managed to get my o'levels and in consequence everything else I have managed to do in my life.

• I mentioned the teachers as I know how much my daughter does, she is training to be an educator and although it is quite hard work for her she has a heart and passion for the children she meets.

I also know from bitter experience how some teachers are less than perfect, but,,,,during my time as a child in the school system there were some very special teachers who noticed me and understood what I needed, they were amazing individuals who I will always be so very grateful too.

so there are good and bad and exceptional in all schools. They are mostly in a system which is forever changing  quite often through political pressure, constant changes to grading and getting involved in matters they don’t understand,

Governments of all persuasions  sadly look to churn out statistics and sadly have left so much of what makes a level understanding child become a good adult. 

So even more reason to feel very proud, you are a very good mum and your daughter has shown despite many setbacks she does have what it takes to get things done.,,,take care.

• I mentioned the teachers as I know how much my daughter does, she is training to be an educator and although it is quite hard work for her she has a heart and passion for the children she meets.

I also know from bitter experience how some teachers are less than perfect, but,,,,during my time as a child in the school system there were some very special teachers who noticed me and understood what I needed, they were amazing individuals who I will always be so very grateful too.

so there are good and bad and exceptional in all schools. They are mostly in a system which is forever changing  quite often through political pressure, constant changes to grading and getting involved in matters they don’t understand,

Governments of all persuasions  sadly look to churn out statistics and sadly have left so much of what makes a level understanding child become a good adult. 

So even more reason to feel very proud, you are a very good mum and your daughter has shown despite many setbacks she does have what it takes to get things done.,,,take care.

Children