Did anything good happen today? Aug 2018

I hope this is still ok, so often we are talking about our problems, and quite rightly so, we have so many and very few places to get help but I think we should also have a place to share our successes how ever small they may be.

Did something make you smile or make you feel good?

Did you do something that you struggle with?

Please share what ever it is.

Song.

Parents
  • I went to a workshop for newly-diagnosed autistics (see other thread).  After a difficult weekend, I awoke this morning feeling completely flattened and considering going sick.  But the workshop lifted my confidence.  I've decided that it isn't my fault that my stupid colleague at work should unfriend me and block me on FB for making a silly, jokey comment - but hers.  If she was upset, she should have done the adult thing and sent me a private message to explain.  She also professes to understand autism, but she clearly doesn't.  Otherwise she'd have been more understanding about things.  She would have realised the huge impact that the seemingly simple thing - to her - of unfriending someone would have on me.  I've lost sleep and been drinking over it.  And she wouldn't have told me to 'Switch of my computer and go out' if she'd properly understood that 'going out' isn't the easiest thing for me, and my computer is my lifeline.

The more I look at it - and the more other people tell me that she has a habit of 'unfriending' people she doesn't agree with - the more I realise that she's probably a narcissist.  I know from experience at work that she certainly doesn't like it when people don't agree with her over anything at all.

• I went to a workshop for newly-diagnosed autistics (see other thread).  After a difficult weekend, I awoke this morning feeling completely flattened and considering going sick.  But the workshop lifted my confidence.  I've decided that it isn't my fault that my stupid colleague at work should unfriend me and block me on FB for making a silly, jokey comment - but hers.  If she was upset, she should have done the adult thing and sent me a private message to explain.  She also professes to understand autism, but she clearly doesn't.  Otherwise she'd have been more understanding about things.  She would have realised the huge impact that the seemingly simple thing - to her - of unfriending someone would have on me.  I've lost sleep and been drinking over it.  And she wouldn't have told me to 'Switch of my computer and go out' if she'd properly understood that 'going out' isn't the easiest thing for me, and my computer is my lifeline.

The more I look at it - and the more other people tell me that she has a habit of 'unfriending' people she doesn't agree with - the more I realise that she's probably a narcissist.  I know from experience at work that she certainly doesn't like it when people don't agree with her over anything at all.

Children
No Data