Jealousy - Do you feel it? Do you understand it?

I am autistic.  I have only recently been diagnosed.  I am 43!

So I've been thinking about my differences.  I think I feel all emotions just like anyone else but there is one thing I don't really feel and that is jealousy and I don't really understand it either.  I think I got jealous once if that is what it was.  I also don't understand the idea of 'showing off'.

My husband sometimes says to me, don't post that on facebook people will think you are showing off and I am like "why".  Are you not allowed to be pleased with something you made or did and want to share it.  Why would anyone take that negatively?

I suppose I can't separate my intention from someone else's perception?

I don't really get it.  Anyone else?

Parents
  • Through this thread I think I at last recognise my jealousy. However I am left with a question. As long as you don’t harm or abuse anyone, as long as the jealousy is only sadness with no action. No desire to level things up. What is wrong with feeling jealous? Who doesn’t ever feel jealous?

• Through this thread I think I at last recognise my jealousy. However I am left with a question. As long as you don’t harm or abuse anyone, as long as the jealousy is only sadness with no action. No desire to level things up. What is wrong with feeling jealous? Who doesn’t ever feel jealous?

Children
No Data