Jealousy - Do you feel it? Do you understand it?

I am autistic.  I have only recently been diagnosed.  I am 43!

So I've been thinking about my differences.  I think I feel all emotions just like anyone else but there is one thing I don't really feel and that is jealousy and I don't really understand it either.  I think I got jealous once if that is what it was.  I also don't understand the idea of 'showing off'.

My husband sometimes says to me, don't post that on facebook people will think you are showing off and I am like "why".  Are you not allowed to be pleased with something you made or did and want to share it.  Why would anyone take that negatively?

I suppose I can't separate my intention from someone else's perception?

I don't really get it.  Anyone else?

Parents
  • I get the problem with separating my intention from others’ perception, definitely! I run into that particular problem all the time.

I do feel jealousy and possessiveness though. I used to have real problems with it (especially in relationships) but I have managed to train myself out of a lot of it over the last several years as I do recognise that it’s unhelpful as emotions go. :/ 

• I've been married twice and my ex husband used to cheat on me.  I put up with it for years but I wonder if that is because I didn't love him any more anyway.  I think I have got jealous once over my second husband who I adore but it was very short lived. We've been together for ten years.   I have plenty of other negative stuff going on though - so maybe I was spared the jealousy gene :O 

• I've been married twice and my ex husband used to cheat on me.  I put up with it for years but I wonder if that is because I didn't love him any more anyway.  I think I have got jealous once over my second husband who I adore but it was very short lived. We've been together for ten years.   I have plenty of other negative stuff going on though - so maybe I was spared the jealousy gene :O 

Children
No Data