Talking to the bank

I have had yet another dreadful conversation on the phone with the bank.

Is there any way I can enable them to talk to someone else without signing over my account for that person? They ring for me and I have to prove who i am! They know I have problems but they just don't get it, I can't do that stuff on the phone. I am in little bits, I want to break them into little pieces, they make me feel so worthless and they won't speak to hubby untill after I have proved i am who I am. Stupid they rang me, who else would I be?

Parents
  • Sounds familiar, I have no answer for you sorry.

But when renewing my car insurance by phone they refuse to let my wife do it, so my voice alone is proof? It does involve using my bank card to pay, but really, what if my voice was a higher tone and sounded female, I did suggest my wife put on a deeper voice,

All rather silly if you ask me, 

• It does make me wonder how same sex partnerships get over this problem? Seriously though, it just proves how stupid it all is,

• Would it be easier or harder to manage the situation like this for same sex partnerships?

• That's what I was thinking, same-sex partners could simply say they were you and no questions would be asked!

Usually I deal with my partners phone business, not necessarily because he doesn't like phones but because it's me who deals with our finances and he never knows enough of the details to sort these things out.  

• That's what I was thinking, same-sex partners could simply say they were you and no questions would be asked!

Usually I deal with my partners phone business, not necessarily because he doesn't like phones but because it's me who deals with our finances and he never knows enough of the details to sort these things out.  

Children
No Data