This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Are there any women here?

[Removed by Ayshe Mod]

Parents
  • All bad, very bad, containing Facebook Links and Stuff. NAS, sort this out, Thanks.    :-(

A new take upon SPAMMING, as Begun by "Francis Ford NAS37128"...

• I reported it last night?

seems they are busy answering many PHONE calls!

• So this thread was an early copybot copy of this genuine question a couple of months previously:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/11727/are-there-any-women-here

The copybot spammer then replaced the post at the top with spam, and then when people realised what had happened it was blanked by the moderator.

So if anyone wants to participate, please don't do so here: you can at the original post, or on its continuation, or a more recent thread 'Women on the Spectrum... revisited'.

, I notice that all the other remaining copybot threads have been locked. For completeness could this one be too, unless there's a good reason not to? I'd take it as a signal that NAS37128 is definitely moderated too.

, can you perchance recall why you referred to the spammer as "Francis Ford NAS37128"? Was "Francis Ford" a name added to the original post?

• Greets, DC. Thanks for explanation – I don't watch Top Gear.

Triggering my compulsive pedantry syndrome, I wouldn't describe the behaviour of this thread as an error exactly. At least, there's no visible error message. I'm wondering if it's been left as a test case by the moderators, as I see no reason it isn't locked.

By the way, from your new thread, the example:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/12136/new-friend/

is now showing full replies without you having to click on an upvoted. This problem seems to come and go each time a thread is commented on.

I think there's been progress generally, what with https security, and a decrease in spam over the last week. The server seems to have been more stable too & I haven't seen a 503 error for weeks. I expect WebPM will report back soon.

• Greets to Cassandro... I do not often pan down (search the history), especially on HOT days... but I see this now and post and see what happens. Do not worry about the "Francis Ford" bit - it was a joke from myself which obviously no-one "got", hmmmmm? (Except fans of Top Gear!)

...This is another Thread which gives STRANGE Errors. If continuing, I may start another Thread linking to such Threads. NAS cannot help but notice them in that case. 

• Thanks, Lonewarrior, yes I also noticed that the thread wasn't appearing in the list of most recent posts when I replied.

Maybe besides a 'lock' option, the moderators can 'suppress' it in some other way or have a tick box called 'temporal stasis like flies in amber' or something.

I wasn't here when there was a surge of baseball results spam. I'd probably registered, but wasn't on here often. It may have been the same spammers as copybot. The copybot spammers actually started last summer, but accelerated with copies and meaningless generic posts in the last few weeks, although they've been fairly quiet since about Wednesday.

I think this thread exactly copied the genuine text and title, and the title hasn't changed. What I'd quite like to be assured of is that the spamming account NAS37128 is moderated.

I'll ask , who I have in my list of direct messages.

• Thanks, Lonewarrior, yes I also noticed that the thread wasn't appearing in the list of most recent posts when I replied.

Maybe besides a 'lock' option, the moderators can 'suppress' it in some other way or have a tick box called 'temporal stasis like flies in amber' or something.

I wasn't here when there was a surge of baseball results spam. I'd probably registered, but wasn't on here often. It may have been the same spammers as copybot. The copybot spammers actually started last summer, but accelerated with copies and meaningless generic posts in the last few weeks, although they've been fairly quiet since about Wednesday.

I think this thread exactly copied the genuine text and title, and the title hasn't changed. What I'd quite like to be assured of is that the spamming account NAS37128 is moderated.

I'll ask , who I have in my list of direct messages.

Children
  • Greets, DC. Thanks for explanation – I don't watch Top Gear.

Triggering my compulsive pedantry syndrome, I wouldn't describe the behaviour of this thread as an error exactly. At least, there's no visible error message. I'm wondering if it's been left as a test case by the moderators, as I see no reason it isn't locked.

By the way, from your new thread, the example:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/12136/new-friend/

is now showing full replies without you having to click on an upvoted. This problem seems to come and go each time a thread is commented on.

I think there's been progress generally, what with https security, and a decrease in spam over the last week. The server seems to have been more stable too & I haven't seen a 503 error for weeks. I expect WebPM will report back soon.

• Greets to Cassandro... I do not often pan down (search the history), especially on HOT days... but I see this now and post and see what happens. Do not worry about the "Francis Ford" bit - it was a joke from myself which obviously no-one "got", hmmmmm? (Except fans of Top Gear!)

...This is another Thread which gives STRANGE Errors. If continuing, I may start another Thread linking to such Threads. NAS cannot help but notice them in that case.