ASD dating and Men

I have tried over many years different dating sites with no luck. 

So here is my proposition:

Fiction has created an unrealistic portrayal of both masculinity and romantic love that no man, NT or not, can match it.

This makes successful partnerships for men, virtually unobtainable.

Parents
  • It just occurred to me reading Emma’s post about, if I may paraphrase, unrealistic expectations of dating sites.

Believing the hype is part of my ASD.  These sites say: “Yes you will find love.” “Our scientific algorithms mean you will find your perfect partner.” Etc, etc.

My experience is that people on these sites tend to be scammers.  I didn’t fall for the “Oh I need money for X,Y,Z.”

The reason for that is bullying by girls at school.  That always, unfortunately, makes me question a girls/woman’s motive.  

Stay safe everyone.

• It just occurred to me reading Emma’s post about, if I may paraphrase, unrealistic expectations of dating sites.

Believing the hype is part of my ASD.  These sites say: “Yes you will find love.” “Our scientific algorithms mean you will find your perfect partner.” Etc, etc.

My experience is that people on these sites tend to be scammers.  I didn’t fall for the “Oh I need money for X,Y,Z.”

The reason for that is bullying by girls at school.  That always, unfortunately, makes me question a girls/woman’s motive.  

Stay safe everyone.

Children
  • I've never done online dating, I don't trust them, like you said because of scammers. My cousin did online dating and got involved with a really nasty man, he was horrible to her.

I do definitely intend to meet a nice girl some day but I want to meet her in person, so I can get to know her and hopefully she'll be the one. Sadly I think I'm a long way of from that day. But maybe one day.