ASD dating and Men

I have tried over many years different dating sites with no luck. 

So here is my proposition:

Fiction has created an unrealistic portrayal of both masculinity and romantic love that no man, NT or not, can match it.

This makes successful partnerships for men, virtually unobtainable.

Parents
  • Define a 'successful partnership'.  It's one based on all sorts of factors.  Compromise, tolerance, understanding.  All of these are necessary components of 'love'.  In all of my years of relationships - including a marriage of five years - I've never been able to make it successful, for any number of reasons.  My last relationship, almost 3 years ago, was the most 'romantic' affair of my entire life.  But it fizzled out in little more than a year.

I no longer look for a significant other.  And I'm pretty certain - from my own experience - that such a person is unlikely to be found on dating websites.  They're filled with desperate people, who will most likely do anything to find Mr or Miss 'Right'. 

Don't go out looking for it is my advice.  Wait for it to come to you naturally. 

• Define a 'successful partnership'.  It's one based on all sorts of factors.  Compromise, tolerance, understanding.  All of these are necessary components of 'love'.  In all of my years of relationships - including a marriage of five years - I've never been able to make it successful, for any number of reasons.  My last relationship, almost 3 years ago, was the most 'romantic' affair of my entire life.  But it fizzled out in little more than a year.

I no longer look for a significant other.  And I'm pretty certain - from my own experience - that such a person is unlikely to be found on dating websites.  They're filled with desperate people, who will most likely do anything to find Mr or Miss 'Right'. 

Don't go out looking for it is my advice.  Wait for it to come to you naturally. 

Children
  • I have noticed that a lot of people want sex as soon as possible and do not want to wait. At least, that was the case years ago when I was on a dating website.

I am not that desperate to pay to be on a dating website. I also do not like to write and publish my profile. I do not want to share my photos publicly.

I do not understand how one can have sex with, practically, a stranger.

I, personally, would like to hug someone, talk to someone and share our lives - the good moments and the bad ones.

I would like someone next to me to feel safe and someone I could care about.