Do autistic women wear makeup?

I would have started a poll but I can't see how to do that.

My daughter has just asked why I don't wear any make up, 

It's uncomfortable, makes my face itch, makes me look very odd and I can't do it myself and look like anything other than a clown but my husband says it's because I'm autistic, what do you think?

Parents
  • Greetings. With regards to Polling, CARETWO wrote the following answer in the following Thread, which says:

After clicking 'Reply' (or clicking 'New Thread') to begin a new post, move the pointer to the place where you wish to insert a poll in the text box and then select 'Insert' from the menu below the text box and select 'Insert Poll'.

...This is a Link Directly to that Answer:
    community.autism.org.uk/.../66370

(I have yet to do this myself, yet probably cannot...)

However, as my own answer to the Main Question and to Miss Song, I myself am Allergic to most man-made things: Thus, although I certainly/socially do need make-up - because I am not at all "pretty"! - I do not wear it. I believe that the choice has nothing to do with Autism, for lots of NTs would also make the choice not to wear it, or would also have Allergies to it, or would not know how to wear it effectively.

• Thank you for the instructions to make a poll, I will try and make one one day.

Reply Children
No Data