Do autistic women wear makeup?

I would have started a poll but I can't see how to do that.

My daughter has just asked why I don't wear any make up, 

It's uncomfortable, makes my face itch, makes me look very odd and I can't do it myself and look like anything other than a clown but my husband says it's because I'm autistic, what do you think?

Parents
  • Every society has its ideas of what is good and bad, what is normal and what is not. Some of these attitudes help us; others hinder us. Often societal attitudes are stereotypical, irrational, and have prejudices that are passed down from generation to generation. And very often, the victims of these prejudices are those who are different from the majority. Of course, autistic women behave differently, but they are also beautiful. I had a friend who loved Anime makeup. She was very beautiful with that makeup. So, yes, everyone uses makeup.

• Every society has its ideas of what is good and bad, what is normal and what is not. Some of these attitudes help us; others hinder us. Often societal attitudes are stereotypical, irrational, and have prejudices that are passed down from generation to generation. And very often, the victims of these prejudices are those who are different from the majority. Of course, autistic women behave differently, but they are also beautiful. I had a friend who loved Anime makeup. She was very beautiful with that makeup. So, yes, everyone uses makeup.

Children
No Data