Do autistic women wear makeup?

I would have started a poll but I can't see how to do that.

My daughter has just asked why I don't wear any make up, 

It's uncomfortable, makes my face itch, makes me look very odd and I can't do it myself and look like anything other than a clown but my husband says it's because I'm autistic, what do you think?

Parents
  • There are certainly some cosmetics that are awful for my skin, which is both sensitive and combination. Clinique is supposed to be hypoallergenic for those with sensitive skin though I don't really think their range is aimed and the majority market - it's a bit "old lady" for my taste.

If I'm going to an appointment, dining out, working on-site, etc. then I will always wear a full face of makeup but it's all neutral - I don't do anything tarty or elaborate. I was never any good with my make up applying skills so I learned to keep it simple and rely on particular brands and formats.

• There are certainly some cosmetics that are awful for my skin, which is both sensitive and combination. Clinique is supposed to be hypoallergenic for those with sensitive skin though I don't really think their range is aimed and the majority market - it's a bit "old lady" for my taste.

If I'm going to an appointment, dining out, working on-site, etc. then I will always wear a full face of makeup but it's all neutral - I don't do anything tarty or elaborate. I was never any good with my make up applying skills so I learned to keep it simple and rely on particular brands and formats.

Children
No Data