Do autistic women wear makeup?

I would have started a poll but I can't see how to do that.

My daughter has just asked why I don't wear any make up, 

It's uncomfortable, makes my face itch, makes me look very odd and I can't do it myself and look like anything other than a clown but my husband says it's because I'm autistic, what do you think?

Parents
  • Natural, clean skin, with a nice tan, looks much more attractive in my eyes.  The smell of make-up is too strong for me and the texture of it feels wrong. Maybe, sometimes, a little bit is okay to hide a bad blemish or spot,  or if you are going to a fancy dress party. Waxwork dolls. That is how people with make-up appear to me. They don't seem real. I imagine wearing make-up is a throwback from a previous less enlightened time, and a form of neurotypical conditioning which was designed to keep women in a weaker status in society by having them smear paint on their faces in order to appear attractive to men. 

• Natural, clean skin, with a nice tan, looks much more attractive in my eyes.  The smell of make-up is too strong for me and the texture of it feels wrong. Maybe, sometimes, a little bit is okay to hide a bad blemish or spot,  or if you are going to a fancy dress party. Waxwork dolls. That is how people with make-up appear to me. They don't seem real. I imagine wearing make-up is a throwback from a previous less enlightened time, and a form of neurotypical conditioning which was designed to keep women in a weaker status in society by having them smear paint on their faces in order to appear attractive to men. 

Children
No Data