Do autistic women wear makeup?

I would have started a poll but I can't see how to do that.

My daughter has just asked why I don't wear any make up, 

It's uncomfortable, makes my face itch, makes me look very odd and I can't do it myself and look like anything other than a clown but my husband says it's because I'm autistic, what do you think?

Parents
  • I think it's personal preference.

I don't wear makeup that often, but when I do it's mostly just eye makeup, because I have skin sensitivities (allergic to aloe vera, tea tree, cucumber, etc) and I wear glasses, so the base makeup always covers my spectacles. Also, it makes my face itch, and as I have small patches of eczema, I'm not about to deal with the problems that will cause.

I personally like a little bit of eyeshadow, a generous amount of eyeliner, mascara and a singular nude-ish colour on my lips. If you don't like to wear makeup, don't wear it. It's your body, so it's your decision.

Tell your daughter that you don't like it, but that there's nothing stopping her from playing with it. Playing with makeup can be fun, as you can figure out what everything feels like on your skin. And you never know, maybe you'll just like one product, but, if it means that much to you, you can find that one product and figure out how to rock it!

If you don't mind the suggestion, maybe try a brown mascara? It's not as harsh a colour as black, but it will give your eyes definition. I studied media makeup in college, so if I can help any more, please let me know.

Best wishes!

• I think it's personal preference.

I don't wear makeup that often, but when I do it's mostly just eye makeup, because I have skin sensitivities (allergic to aloe vera, tea tree, cucumber, etc) and I wear glasses, so the base makeup always covers my spectacles. Also, it makes my face itch, and as I have small patches of eczema, I'm not about to deal with the problems that will cause.

I personally like a little bit of eyeshadow, a generous amount of eyeliner, mascara and a singular nude-ish colour on my lips. If you don't like to wear makeup, don't wear it. It's your body, so it's your decision.

Tell your daughter that you don't like it, but that there's nothing stopping her from playing with it. Playing with makeup can be fun, as you can figure out what everything feels like on your skin. And you never know, maybe you'll just like one product, but, if it means that much to you, you can find that one product and figure out how to rock it!

If you don't mind the suggestion, maybe try a brown mascara? It's not as harsh a colour as black, but it will give your eyes definition. I studied media makeup in college, so if I can help any more, please let me know.

Best wishes!

Children
No Data