Do autistic women wear makeup?

I would have started a poll but I can't see how to do that.

My daughter has just asked why I don't wear any make up, 

It's uncomfortable, makes my face itch, makes me look very odd and I can't do it myself and look like anything other than a clown but my husband says it's because I'm autistic, what do you think?

Parents
  • I’m not officially diagnosed so I’m not sure if I technically have a say in this (I’m still trying to figure out if I’m autistic at all because every time I think, “yeah, I vibe with this a lot.” I find something that’s like “uh, no. You don’t do that. You can’t be autistic. Stop being crazy.”, but I digress), but I can’t stand makeup except like… mascara. Anything involving brushes and my face is a no, no. For senior pictures my mom and gf kinda forced me too and it took almost an hour to do minimal make up because I kept hysterically laughing because I was uncomfortable with the brushes and havining everything put on my face. I also kept running out of the bathroom. 

It also makes me feel fake while I'm wearing it, but that's just a personal thing. I feel untrue to myself and my preferences since I really don't like putting it on or wearing it. 

• I’m not officially diagnosed so I’m not sure if I technically have a say in this (I’m still trying to figure out if I’m autistic at all because every time I think, “yeah, I vibe with this a lot.” I find something that’s like “uh, no. You don’t do that. You can’t be autistic. Stop being crazy.”, but I digress), but I can’t stand makeup except like… mascara. Anything involving brushes and my face is a no, no. For senior pictures my mom and gf kinda forced me too and it took almost an hour to do minimal make up because I kept hysterically laughing because I was uncomfortable with the brushes and havining everything put on my face. I also kept running out of the bathroom. 

It also makes me feel fake while I'm wearing it, but that's just a personal thing. I feel untrue to myself and my preferences since I really don't like putting it on or wearing it. 

Children
No Data