Do autistic women wear makeup?

I would have started a poll but I can't see how to do that.

My daughter has just asked why I don't wear any make up, 

It's uncomfortable, makes my face itch, makes me look very odd and I can't do it myself and look like anything other than a clown but my husband says it's because I'm autistic, what do you think?

Parents
  • I don't wear makeup, because it's uncomfortable on my face, and I dislike people staring at me, and I dislike strangers approaching me to talk to me. 

I also find it weird to have something like liquid skin shades in a bottle to apply onto my face in order to enhance it, as if my regular face would be considered a downgrade of some kind, and makeup as an upgrade. I just find that view kind of sad. I also find this peacocking type of thing that women do as being very weird. I mean just looking at photos of men and women in formal attire, men always look like penguins with the same black and white outfit, and women always look like different tropical birds, and I wonder why we evolved to be like this.    

Anyways, make up is also very time consuming, you wake up early to put it on (so you're tired, but you try to hide your tired eyes with makeup, instead of just getting a few extra hours of sleep), and all day you're paranoid about it smearing so you check every reflective surface to make sure it's not smeared to avoid embarrassment (but checking mirrors also makes you look narcissistic, and other people give you cut eyes), and then you have to take time to reapply it throughout the day, and then at night you have to wash it off, and restart the process the next day. And then when it runs out you buy more. It's just a cycle I never wanted to get myself into.

• I don't wear makeup, because it's uncomfortable on my face, and I dislike people staring at me, and I dislike strangers approaching me to talk to me. 

I also find it weird to have something like liquid skin shades in a bottle to apply onto my face in order to enhance it, as if my regular face would be considered a downgrade of some kind, and makeup as an upgrade. I just find that view kind of sad. I also find this peacocking type of thing that women do as being very weird. I mean just looking at photos of men and women in formal attire, men always look like penguins with the same black and white outfit, and women always look like different tropical birds, and I wonder why we evolved to be like this.    

Anyways, make up is also very time consuming, you wake up early to put it on (so you're tired, but you try to hide your tired eyes with makeup, instead of just getting a few extra hours of sleep), and all day you're paranoid about it smearing so you check every reflective surface to make sure it's not smeared to avoid embarrassment (but checking mirrors also makes you look narcissistic, and other people give you cut eyes), and then you have to take time to reapply it throughout the day, and then at night you have to wash it off, and restart the process the next day. And then when it runs out you buy more. It's just a cycle I never wanted to get myself into.

Children
No Data