Do autistic women wear makeup?

I would have started a poll but I can't see how to do that.

My daughter has just asked why I don't wear any make up, 

It's uncomfortable, makes my face itch, makes me look very odd and I can't do it myself and look like anything other than a clown but my husband says it's because I'm autistic, what do you think?

Parents
  • I wear the same make up whether it's for going yo work or going to a wedding. The only difference might be my lipstick. I wasn't really into make up at the same time as other girls at school. It was more when I got to college. I have worn the same make up since I was 16 but one of them changed this year so I've had to find a new one. Since then I've actually really enjoyed wearing it out of the house as I like how it enhances my face. I dont actually wear much and can apply it all within about two minutes. Overall however, I prefer not wearing it. I hate the rigmarole of taking it off at night.

I don't know how to put eye shadow on well, haven't a clue about contouring (ive only heard of this cos my friend mentioned it about drag queens) and hate foundation.

• I wear the same make up whether it's for going yo work or going to a wedding. The only difference might be my lipstick. I wasn't really into make up at the same time as other girls at school. It was more when I got to college. I have worn the same make up since I was 16 but one of them changed this year so I've had to find a new one. Since then I've actually really enjoyed wearing it out of the house as I like how it enhances my face. I dont actually wear much and can apply it all within about two minutes. Overall however, I prefer not wearing it. I hate the rigmarole of taking it off at night.

I don't know how to put eye shadow on well, haven't a clue about contouring (ive only heard of this cos my friend mentioned it about drag queens) and hate foundation.

Children
No Data