Autscape or camps, holidays, events etc for autistic adults

I am wondering whether there are any annual events for autistic adults in the UK that anyone else here goes to? I know about Autscape but no other events. I wondered if anyone here has found or been to any others?

When I was little I was home educated and there were annual camps for home educated children to meet each other with their families. I am really wondering if there is anything similar for autistic people and if anyone here has been to them if so.

Also, has anyone here been to Autscape? I'd be really interested to know how you found it, what it's like, if you have. I have no real conception of it despite having read up about it, I wonder if I would struggle with all the noise/business, I do not do especially well in very busy or noisy environments, or brightly lit ones for that matter.

Thanks a lot,

E

Parents
  • I've only vaguely heard of Autscape but I too would like to know more about it, anyone? 

• Glad Tidings to Miss Endymion! 

However...People who know how to use the Internet yet do not know how to use the Internet simply confuse me. This is yourself:

I've only vaguely heard of Autscape but I too would like to know more about it, anyone? 

This is Myself:

See the word AUTSCAPE, and enter it into a Browser/Search Engine.

Click upon a result, and check if it is genuine.

Copy and paste the address which is then found:

http://www.autscape.org/about/

End of.

...Sorry, but I myself have never been to Autscape, because as far as I know, it costs at least Thirty Pounds for a Ticket. I often pick up the pretty multi-coloured leaflets advertising it, when I visit NAS in London.

(I am glad of you being here, and I apologise if this Post seems a bit strange.)

• Slight smile  Not at all , your post isn't strange at all. You're quite right, I did take a note of the name 'Autscape' to Google it at a later date and find out a bit more about it - but as usual with these lists I have of things to Google it gets added to my little pile and has only a 50 / 50 chance of being found again and acted upon.

When I'm online, which I've only done regularly since I joined this forum, I'm generally ONLY on this forum. I don't like having 'New Tabs' because I lose track of what I'm doing and I don't like jumping from one thing to another - there's no excuse for it really though, it's not exactly difficult to have more than one tab open a time. I suppose I see my time on here as Relaxation Time whereas my time on Google is Work / Research Time.   

• Slight smile  Not at all , your post isn't strange at all. You're quite right, I did take a note of the name 'Autscape' to Google it at a later date and find out a bit more about it - but as usual with these lists I have of things to Google it gets added to my little pile and has only a 50 / 50 chance of being found again and acted upon.

When I'm online, which I've only done regularly since I joined this forum, I'm generally ONLY on this forum. I don't like having 'New Tabs' because I lose track of what I'm doing and I don't like jumping from one thing to another - there's no excuse for it really though, it's not exactly difficult to have more than one tab open a time. I suppose I see my time on here as Relaxation Time whereas my time on Google is Work / Research Time.   

Children
  • Hi Endymion,,,,just wanted to say “ snap” or “Ditto”, I focus on one main thing, have huge piles of stickit notes, rarely find time to research the many things I make notes on, my memory is not good, I often finish here and suddenly remember I meant to look for information about something completely different.

thank you DC for the link, I had no idea such an event exhisted, so thanks also to NAS36895 for asking about it.

x()x