Autscape or camps, holidays, events etc for autistic adults

I am wondering whether there are any annual events for autistic adults in the UK that anyone else here goes to? I know about Autscape but no other events. I wondered if anyone here has found or been to any others?

When I was little I was home educated and there were annual camps for home educated children to meet each other with their families. I am really wondering if there is anything similar for autistic people and if anyone here has been to them if so.

Also, has anyone here been to Autscape? I'd be really interested to know how you found it, what it's like, if you have. I have no real conception of it despite having read up about it, I wonder if I would struggle with all the noise/business, I do not do especially well in very busy or noisy environments, or brightly lit ones for that matter.

Thanks a lot,

E

Parents Reply Children
  • Greetings, you two Rebels (!) (LoneWarrior and Endymion)... I might not Post here again, and this is back upon the main Topic...

I am wondering whether there are any annual events for autistic adults in the UK that anyone else here goes to?

...So far, no other answers? To NAS 36895, it is likely that NAS themselves may Post a link to their Main Website, and say that you search under "Events" and within your own local area. (Just the City or Borough). Apart from that, I cannot really say much else...

I went to a "Wandsworth Autism Event" in my local area, and hated it, not least because "Wandsworth Autism" themselves did not actually turn up. (Go figure.) However, If you can travel to Autscape, then I would highly recommend doing so, despite never having been to it myself; and so that is why I say what I said. Good Fortune to you.

• Glad Tidings to Miss Endymion! 

However...People who know how to use the Internet yet do not know how to use the Internet simply confuse me. This is yourself:

I've only vaguely heard of Autscape but I too would like to know more about it, anyone? 

This is Myself:

See the word AUTSCAPE, and enter it into a Browser/Search Engine.

Click upon a result, and check if it is genuine.

Copy and paste the address which is then found:

http://www.autscape.org/about/

End of.

...Sorry, but I myself have never been to Autscape, because as far as I know, it costs at least Thirty Pounds for a Ticket. I often pick up the pretty multi-coloured leaflets advertising it, when I visit NAS in London.

(I am glad of you being here, and I apologise if this Post seems a bit strange.)