Anti depressants?

I'm struggling, in truth i have been struggling for a very long time, I think most of us do. My GP has me on anti depressants and anti anxiety tablets they don't do much for me at all. 

Is there anything that does help? I think that my depression is not depression but part of my autistic spectrum thing. Assuming that it is asd not depression is there anything that can make it any better? I am not sure that I can cope for much longer.

Parents
  • So if I'm going to come off effexor (venlafaxine) do I tell my GP? It's not doing any good , I feel just as crappy as ever,  sea sawing between wanting to smash my head in the wall repeatedly and just ending it. I have had enough, I feel like this in spite of taking vast quantities of drugs that are supposed to change things, well they dont, so I might as well save myself £17.60 a month and feel the same but not cotton woolly.  I want to be dead, why is that such a bad thing to want.  Everything is just pointless. My arms are flying around the room. I think i might be having a bit of a hard time at the moment, just ignore me ok. I need to go and catch my arms.

• So if I'm going to come off effexor (venlafaxine) do I tell my GP? It's not doing any good , I feel just as crappy as ever,  sea sawing between wanting to smash my head in the wall repeatedly and just ending it. I have had enough, I feel like this in spite of taking vast quantities of drugs that are supposed to change things, well they dont, so I might as well save myself £17.60 a month and feel the same but not cotton woolly.  I want to be dead, why is that such a bad thing to want.  Everything is just pointless. My arms are flying around the room. I think i might be having a bit of a hard time at the moment, just ignore me ok. I need to go and catch my arms.

Children
  • You should definitely talk to your GP before coming off the venlafaxine. As you most likely know, it can be dangerous unless you know how to cut drugs down appropriately.

I'm really sorry you're feeling so bad. Death always seems so sweet compared to life. The horrid thing about it is that once you've done it you can't change your mind and come back. If it wasn't so final you could try it out for a while and see if you liked it.

Good luck catching your arms. I wonder if they could hug you instead. At least it would keep them close to you.