Anti depressants?

I'm struggling, in truth i have been struggling for a very long time, I think most of us do. My GP has me on anti depressants and anti anxiety tablets they don't do much for me at all. 

Is there anything that does help? I think that my depression is not depression but part of my autistic spectrum thing. Assuming that it is asd not depression is there anything that can make it any better? I am not sure that I can cope for much longer.

Parents
  • I was diagnosed with depression when I was very young and in later life have been prescribed three types of anti depressant. I found each of them worse that useless, merely making my mind numb. It was much later that a medical professional, ( have seen so many!) mentioned links between long term depression and autism. I had worked in special education for over ten years and couldn't imagine that I was on the spectrum, but I agreed to be assessed and hey presto I do have autism. If this option is available to you I would recommend that you chase it up. The sad thing is that like depression I have no hope of a cure, but just knowing that there are reasons for my feeling different eases the an set a little.

• I was diagnosed with depression when I was very young and in later life have been prescribed three types of anti depressant. I found each of them worse that useless, merely making my mind numb. It was much later that a medical professional, ( have seen so many!) mentioned links between long term depression and autism. I had worked in special education for over ten years and couldn't imagine that I was on the spectrum, but I agreed to be assessed and hey presto I do have autism. If this option is available to you I would recommend that you chase it up. The sad thing is that like depression I have no hope of a cure, but just knowing that there are reasons for my feeling different eases the an set a little.

Children
No Data