Not coming across like an unfeeling so-and-so on a forum

Does anyone here have issues with their approach to written communication and a 'matter of fact' view of the world causing people to think they don't have feelings for other people?

Parents
  • I really struggle with text messages. I have unwittingly fell out with one or two friends because of text misunderstandings. It inevitably comes down to me not having included a 'lol' or exclamation mark. Or, not having included the appropriate amount of kisses xx.

• I would love to know how people judge this in text messages, as surely it is subjective based on their interpretation of the relationship, and as such can vary from both sides?  I find kisses weird as well as I wouldn't kiss that person if I met them in person so why would I do that in a text?  I have a rule where only my partner gets kisses in text messages, because I would actually kiss him in person.  I have been pulled up on this by people previously and I just explained my above point.  It get ridiculous when I hear people debating the status of a relationship because they only put two kisses as apposed to three.  Seriously??  Just seems a load of nonsense to me.  If the person is speaking to you and you are on good terms, what more do you need? 

• I agree.  These people are obviously so superficial, I'd say you're better off without them.

Reply Children
No Data