Fascination With Lights

Hello,

My name is Tom and I have Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I currently study Experimental Film Production at Staffordshire University.

I am doing a short film about the beauty of lights and how mesmerizing they are. This is due to my personal obsession with lights, which with some research I see I am not alone in the Autism Community.

I was wondering if people have the same obsession / fascination as me, and if they have a particular favourite light?

Any answer could help me shape my research and how my film turns out in the end.

Thank you for your time,

Tom

Parents
  • Hi Tom

Going to watch your film shortly.

Fascination with light..... yes that's me all over!

I was lucky enough to leave school and serve and apprenticeship at a Rep Theatre, working in Lighting.
    Since leaving the theatre - many moons ago went to work in Television and now mainly Films/Adverts/Music Videos.

With me, it's always been the case - even when I could just walk - going into large stores - Woolworths / Timothy Whites (yes - THAT long ago) I would often vanish, only ot be found in the section with the lights.
    Still today, I feel drawn to the lighting section in Ikea or B&Q - despite spending most of my working life carting such equipment around film sets and locations.

When not doing TV/Fim work - I do a little at odd work behind the lighting desk at music festivals - which is fun, and it's great when you are left to your own devices to just muck about with colours and lights.

My youngest son is ASD, and we have geared his bedroom up in colour changing LED lights....

• Hi Tom

Going to watch your film shortly.

Fascination with light..... yes that's me all over!

I was lucky enough to leave school and serve and apprenticeship at a Rep Theatre, working in Lighting.
    Since leaving the theatre - many moons ago went to work in Television and now mainly Films/Adverts/Music Videos.

With me, it's always been the case - even when I could just walk - going into large stores - Woolworths / Timothy Whites (yes - THAT long ago) I would often vanish, only ot be found in the section with the lights.
    Still today, I feel drawn to the lighting section in Ikea or B&Q - despite spending most of my working life carting such equipment around film sets and locations.

When not doing TV/Fim work - I do a little at odd work behind the lighting desk at music festivals - which is fun, and it's great when you are left to your own devices to just muck about with colours and lights.

My youngest son is ASD, and we have geared his bedroom up in colour changing LED lights....

Children
No Data