Delete My Account Please

Please can you delete my account with immediate effect.

The forum skin is slow and inadequate. Posts I have made have failed to load, and I already feel worse for being here, not better.

• There does seem to be some fairly hysterical over reactions here. It's perfectly reasonable to disagree with people in a group, it doesn't mean that you need to cut yourself off from that person, let alone the whole group.

• Dear fairyface,

Sorry to hear you want to leave the community forums and that you don't feel supported.  Please can I ask that you consider taking a break from the forums and rejoining us at a later date?

If you do wish to delete your account fully, please contact: communitymanager@nas.org.uk

We hope you stay.

Take care,

Nicky-Mod

• I don’t understand? You have said here clearly that the gp didn’t have a clue about autism but yet they were clearly interested to find out more as they kept asking you questions about it? You’ve obviously taken her attempts to find out more, the wrong way, although I don’t know how, but if you came on here just to get support and encouragement to continue feeling bad, as you put it, then it’s helpful if you start the post by making it clear that you’re just having a rant. People won’t try to help you then, they’ll simply support you in your misery which is what a lot of people want when they’re feeling miserable. Personally I prefer to not feel miserable but there’s nothing wrong with feeling bad and miserable if that’s your thing and you will get plenty of support with that.  Misery likes misery but you need to make that clear otherwise you will get people like myself who are only out to help people out of their misery but obviously if the person doesn’t want out, they will feel unsupported at any attempts of people trying to help them, which is not a nice feeling. So just make it clear that you’re just ranting/letting off steam. Like you, we all misunderstand sometimes or a lot, if you’re autistic.,

You might be gone already but if you do decide to stay and just want to rant, which most of us do from time to time, just make it clear in your post and then you’ll get support and you won’t get people trying to help you.

I didn’t know we have to get admin to delete our accounts when we’re ready to leave the group??? 

Is this the way we close our accounts then, by making a request in a post and admin will delete it for us? Handy to know for when I’m ready to leave. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I trust you’re not still feeling bad but it has been a few days so I’m sure you’re not. 

• I'm sorry you feel that way The thing is, there are hundreds of people on here and all of us are different - that's the beauty of it really.

Not only that but each of us has good and bad days, days where we can be helpful to others and other days where we're having a hard time helping ourselves. It would be a little presumptive and self-defeating to delete your account based on an experience with just one person who might have been having a bad day or even simply has a different take on the subject from the one you were asking for (?). I find it's good to hear different opinions, even if I don't agree with them. In fact, sometimes especially if I don't agree with them because it can help me to see things I might not have considered before.

I hope you stay and give us all a chance.     

• Glad Tidings... I was just logging on yet spotted this, and so I try to answer or sympathise, for what it may be worth...

I do not know you or your problem, yet, you need not *delete* your account, utterly. Take a time off from this Forum if you feel that you must?

The alternatives are to leave, and never come back... or to remain and to gain a reply which understands you. I can only advise you to "stay", yet not delete your account due to whatever might have been said at you...

If you can, try to start a new Thread. We all support each other, usually... yet once in a while, there may be opposition. Do not regard opposition as the majority, here. Sorry I cannot say more, yet, also sorry if you are leaving, for the more opinions here, the better...

• I feel the same.
    The other day I was really upset after seeing a very insensitive GP, posted about it and said I felt really bad. Had someone reply and tell me they thought the GP was being really sensitive and they had to ask me the question they did! (They didn't just ask it once but kept on asking after I'd answered it and were obviously clueless about Aspergers or they wouldn't have talked to me like they did). I just felt slapped all over again, by someone who surely should understand!!!! I want my account deleted too - admin/mods - please?

• Thanks, Ayshe Slight smile

I'm glad I'm staying too. It doesn't do any good to cut yourself of from people and support Slight smile

• Dear Diddy D,

I am glad to hear that you have decided to stay on the Community. Should you change your mind, please email communitymanager@nas.org.uk.

Kind regards,

Ayshe Mod

• The forum technical and capacity issues are not ours to figure out - we are only effected by them. Input from software and admin staff at the NAS side of things are called for. It would be a cool act of goodwill. It's not only that, it puts people of staying, which detracts from the forum, and there is no incentive or confidence in people to sign up.

• Fair enough I'm pretty new here like yourself so still figuring it all out

• And I've decided, I'm staying. If there's no improvement, then I'll be off. That's quite fair enough. Effort is both necessary and worth it, but no one likes their time wasted. There are other avenues and arenas where I can be active - and with greater ease - should it be necessary.

• I think the Online community is relatively new from what i can gather so they might still be ironing out the kinks 

• Thanks. I keep getting a message saying I've gone offline. It's not the computer though, it's the forum skin. I've experienced this before with other forums, and it's usually the the quality of the skin and the technical input and oversight given over to it.

In a nutshell (and I say this with sincerity, not to be provocative), the NAS could improve it a lot and make it far easier to navigate and use, if they wanted to give it the priority it deserves. Cos autistic people and their families and carers deserve it. So let's have it yano.

• I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the site. If it helps i seem to find the site works better on my tablet than my laptop.