What does your avatar mean?

Mine is Beaker from the Muppets. I can identify with Beaker, a somewhat gullible test subject and long suffering assistant of Dr Bunsen Honeydew. Somebody that things always happen to, often out of his control.

Beaker is my spirit animal.

• Mine means I'm blunt sarcastic and a mind beyond humanity. Hence Rick form Rick and Morty. Can be arragont don't care much for niceities just out spoken and honest even if the truth hurts at times. 

• Mine is my artwork. I feel it illustrates me more than what others create.....

• Mine is 'the child' 'grogu' 'baby yoda' he has alot of names, he reminds me that the simple things make the biggest impact Smiley and well he's just adorable and makes me smile Smiley

• My avatar is a pen drawing I did of a Napoleonic French cuirassier (armoured heavy cavalry) helmet, breastplate and epaulettes. One of my 'special interests' is Napoleonic period military history.

• My avatar is just some cookies which don't mean anything really other than reminding me that cookies are super yummy! Yum

• My avatar is a reminder that things are not always what they seem and there is often a lot more going on under the surface than you might realise.

And for the few who crash into me with "titanic" arrogance and hubris, there is a sign that your compartmentalised thinking may not serve you as well as you have been led to expect...

It's also a silly pun, of course. 

*edit* Drat, I didn't realise this thread was so old...

• To close this Post, my least favourite is Joe-90. He is one of the scariest things that I recall from my childhood.

Yeah I found it scary... the whole brain pattern transfer concept with the RAT did weird me out if I thought about it too much... but it was fascinating at the same time... plus there was a flying car which rocked especially as I had the Dinky toy model to play with whilst watching. Back in the 80s one of the bands I used to play with had the Stingray drum theme ("anything can happen in the next half hour" etc) as our intro tape so even today if I hear it I get nervous and twichy like its showtime!

• All of this discussion is/was a new Thread in itself, maybe...

I, as a child, very much enjoyed "SuperMarionation". The ThunderBirds theme tune, is one of those tunes often voted to be our next National Anthem, seriously. (That and The Archers... and The A-Team (which cannot really count as it is from America)... yet any "Full Orchestra" stuff.)

I always liked ThunderBirds, StingRay, and Captain Scarlet... this last seemed a bit harsh, yet now that I am an adult, I may tolerate such violence to an extent (e.g. - I change the channel).
    StingRay has a Mr.Troy Tempest, my own favourite, for he always held one eyebrow higher than the other, as if both concerned and yet curious at the same time, regardless of the situation. And: "Anything can happen in the next half hour!" still applies to me this day, whenever I eat something...

To close this Post, my least favourite is Joe-90. He is one of the scariest things that I recall from my childhood. Him, sitting calmly, inside that great big whooping-machine, flashing lights, with full orchestral music... he sits unmoving... without blinking or twitching... as though he were a puppet...
    ...wait - what? ... IS he really?! Why doesn't anyone tell me these things??

• I do believe cats ARE autistic. 

• Greetings to you (and all), Miss Starmie... I could Post full reply here, yet if you may, please have a go at seeing what I last Posted upon this Thread:

community.autism.org.uk/.../autistic-people-on-the-n-a-s-internet-and-how-to-use-it-2

I am, believe it or not, also "finding my feet" upon the (NAS) Internet, I have been here only two months or so, and could tell you very much (I was nearly barred for example, very bad, yet I am still learning)... and I post that Link since the Topic of the Internet I think is best discussed *there*, and also have a go at using the Search Box to find others as well, and Search the activity of certain Users whom you may like. That is what a Forum is for (unless I am corrected later)...

One is supposed to find it "fun" to "chat" or relax, here. Yet to confess, I have found that I have no "feet" for the Internet, really... Please discuss this upon that other Thread if you may. I might Post another reply later... or dare to start a Pokemon Thread myself (!). Whatever you say, Miss Starmie, worry not about "boring" anyone... for if that happens, then you shall know, since no-one shall reply, or you may gain only one or two replies...

To sign off, I write Fair Play and Happy New Year to yourself and all who may read.

• I would be happy to help to start a new thread about Pokémon, but not sure what to say or do. I only joined the online community recently, and am still "finding my feet". I don't want to bore people.

• Capt Scarlet was good too...I liked all the Gerry Anderson stuff with puppets except perhaps for Secret Service but Thunderbirds was my fave by a long shot. Never got on very well with the stuff he did with real people tho.

• Are we heading into Captain Scarlett territory xxxx

THIS IS THE VOICE OF THE MISTERONS!! 

Sorry for my silliness guys...I am sure it grates at times and it totally inappropriate for a site like this!  

Tis a coping mechanism..... x

• Uh huh. So not, "spectrum is green", then?

• :-) No problem. I probably don't use enough emoticons, to indicate that I'm not so serious. The content of this site can be a bit daunting sometimes, so it's good to have more light-hearted content as well

• Perhaps foolishly, I attempt a follow-up reply... (concerning Pokemon).

I myself care not for how "badass" a Pokemon is. What I do is focus very much upon Type Matchups. But, really, I really do want to start a new Thread instead (and another concerning Gardening, maybe).... and, now that Pokemon is around 20 years old, there is very little shame/stigma in being an Adult and being interested in it and in generally playing videogames anymore. (Halo or Super Mario or Sonic, for instance....) 

• Um... Greetings, to an unexpected answer-er, yet I am a very serious person, oppressed, and literal, and also still "online" and so I attempt reply - and still say that I may quit and am of a very nervous sort!

I am not "freaked out by the NT", I am "freaked out" at the prospect of absolutely anyone speaking to me whom I do not know. That is how I am, sorry. This could, again, start another Thread, to which I, at last, do not know how to entitle.

This Reply is to ElephantInTheRoom, by the way... (not about Pokemon)...

• Are you that freaked out by the NT? 

• Greetings again. Playing Pokemon relaxes me wa-a-a-y more than using the Internet (right here, right now, for example!)... and so I reply again... I really would like someone to start a Thread about it here, though... that and Gardening (hint, hint)....

Next, for your reading pleasure, I give a little story. I am VERY good at Pokemon. But this year, one day, I gained Internet Access, and logged onto the Pokemon GTS and all of that... and I actually challenged another *real* Trainer to a *real* Battle... and because it was a *real* person, I freaked out, chose the wrong Pokemon, and as I was about to lose, I simply turned my DS off!

So, that is Autism and NT persons via Pokemon for you. (!) Even when one cannot see the person, I still get nervous. Happy New Year to all who may read!