The Autistic Christian

Let me say from the start that I have a strong faith and although I’m willing to discuss it, I have not started this thread to try and evangelise anyone. Simply I’d like to discuss with other autistic Christians how they cope with church, other Christians and trying to resolve their head around everything.

• Our church has a couple of people with autism and now I have been diagnosed when we told some of them they were not suprised that I have autism . I feel God gives us a unique insight .

• We, the clergy, are tasked with teaching people to receive special people in churches. To create the most comfortable conditions for autistic children to attend the service. Because Jesus shed His blood on the Cross for everyone, redeemed everyone, and did not involve such children in faith in our Lord. If you need church support, you can contact our pastor or attend online meetings at firstchurchlove.com. We will be glad to see you in our church.

• I'm agnosistic, for good reasons, I was rised catholic, my mom is religious fanatic, I suspect she is autistic too, but when autistic get to being religious fanatics there is no reasoning with them. if it's not in a bible it's not true basically

• It seems that even priests sometimes treat autistic people with contempt in the church, which is very incorrect.

• some people have neither

• 'Religion' is different from 'faith', I would say.

• When I do good stuff for myself and others, I feel good. When I do bad stuff to myself and others, I feel bad. That's my religion. Do good things. The problem I have with religious people is that they have no qualms about believing myths, legends and absurdities. They don't question what they are told by religious fanatics. And religious fanatics who can make you believe in myths, legends and absurdities, can also make you commit atrocities. 

• hooray  Slight smile I thought this might happen Slight smile

• I'm still here. I personally find it important not to be too hard on yourself.

• Happy to chat privately with you about this, a particular subject of interest for me.

• why not start your own discussion ? i think all these people have moved on

• Has anyone got anything to add to what they said three years ago? I'm interested in how everyone deals with difficulties in their spiritual walk, prayer, Bible reading, finding help and support on these issues which requires understanding. Has anyone found anything useful they can share to help other believers on the Spectrum ?

• Has anyone got anything to add to what they said three years ago? I'm interested in how everyone deals with difficulties in their spiritual walk, prayer, Bible reading, finding help and support on these issues which requires understanding. Has anyone found anything useful they can share to help other believers on the Spectrum ?

• Hi!! I pray every day to Jesus Christ. i thank, i beg... i can't go to the chruch tough. 

• Correction! Rather than as I stated above:

In Hebrew ~ the word 'Elohim' describes the infinite marriage train or procession of the Goddess of God, yet 'Elohim' is normally miss-transliterated as 'Lord' in the old testament.

When in fact “Elohim” (‫אֱלֹהִים‬ with Hebrew being read from right to left) is normally transliterated into English as the word God, even though Elohim is itself a plural or group definition, as defines the Goddess as being the consort of God, and the divine assembly or council of gods, goddesses, angels and spirits that She embodies in and as the heavens and earth.

And from another perspective:

If one allows the Bible to interpret itself, it clearly shows that Elohim is an institution consisting of more than one Person. The Old Testament shows that Elohim consists of two divine Beings. The New Testament adds that we are being drawn into that same institution to be one with Those who are already there.

It is true that Elohim is also used in many places to indicate a singular divine Being. This is because Elohim always acts as one. They are in perfect harmony, in perfect agreement.

John W. Ritenbaugh

https://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/430/Elohim.htm

So in terms of “The Old Testament shows that Elohim consists of two divine Beings” at very least, Genesis 1:1 can be transliterated as:

In the beginning God and Goddess created the heavens and the earth.

And Genesis 1:27:

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of the Goddess he created them; male and female he created them.

And the link to the BBC2 documentary called 'The Bible's Hidden Secrets', episode two, 'Did God Have A Wife' is no longer operable, but here is another link to a written article covering the matter:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42154769/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/did-god-have-wife-scholar-says-he-did/

• I am a Christian - Catholic - but only attend mass during anniversaries; of someone's death.

Last week, I ordered a Christmas Tree at Argos - which came on Saturday - however, I won't be putting it up until 08 December - the feast of the Immaculate Conception - as that was the custom at home whenever mum was alive.

• Being Single

Hello I grew up going to church, and being in groups with children in general was hard, because it felt like everyone was looking down on me as if they knew better.

So eventually, I gave up, and stuck with my special needs friends. It made me feel more at home, but it made it harder for me to find a Christian boyfriend, someone I desperately wanted as a teenager.

I was so afraid that I would be a spinster for my entire youth life, not that I should be (God always says "Don't be afraid") , but my mum had Christian friends in her generation who never found their ones.

I prayed and prayed. Sometimes I would moan about being single to my parents, and they would always reassure me that I will find someone, and they were right.

I eventually met an autistic lad. He asked me if I would like to go out with him, as a friend (just us two) now I've never really been out with a boy on my own before. I was going to invite at least one friend to tag along with me, but didn't get round to it.

Anyway it went very well. We just seem to have a lot in common other than our backgrounds, we liked each other and he made me feel special to him, so it didn't matter to me  weather he was a Christian or not. Really the main thing is they care about/love you. God answered my prayer :D

Hopefully I will stay with this guy is the one for me. It would be a shame to let him go, because he's so kind and caring and has a lot of the characteristics and qualities I like.

My mum also knows a Christian couple with an autistic daughter. She eventually found an autistic boyfriend, and they were later married. So it could happen to anyone.

NEVER stop praying <3

PS: I realize that you can still enjoy life even as a single. The one thing that keeps me going is having God in my life.

• I used to be catholic but recently converted to quakerism and honestly it's so much better for me in terms of meeting for worship rather than mass and just how calm everything is and the welcoming atmosphere. Obviously this isn't why i chose to convert to this religion, I'm just lucky that my beliefs coincide with a religion that works so well for me. (This is not meant to offend anyone who is catholic, i have respect for all religions and my entire family and most of my friends are catholic)