The Autistic Christian

Let me say from the start that I have a strong faith and although I’m willing to discuss it, I have not started this thread to try and evangelise anyone. Simply I’d like to discuss with other autistic Christians how they cope with church, other Christians and trying to resolve their head around everything.

Parents
  • Being Single

Hello I grew up going to church, and being in groups with children in general was hard, because it felt like everyone was looking down on me as if they knew better.

So eventually, I gave up, and stuck with my special needs friends. It made me feel more at home, but it made it harder for me to find a Christian boyfriend, someone I desperately wanted as a teenager.

I was so afraid that I would be a spinster for my entire youth life, not that I should be (God always says "Don't be afraid") , but my mum had Christian friends in her generation who never found their ones.

I prayed and prayed. Sometimes I would moan about being single to my parents, and they would always reassure me that I will find someone, and they were right.

I eventually met an autistic lad. He asked me if I would like to go out with him, as a friend (just us two) now I've never really been out with a boy on my own before. I was going to invite at least one friend to tag along with me, but didn't get round to it.

Anyway it went very well. We just seem to have a lot in common other than our backgrounds, we liked each other and he made me feel special to him, so it didn't matter to me  weather he was a Christian or not. Really the main thing is they care about/love you. God answered my prayer :D

Hopefully I will stay with this guy is the one for me. It would be a shame to let him go, because he's so kind and caring and has a lot of the characteristics and qualities I like.

My mum also knows a Christian couple with an autistic daughter. She eventually found an autistic boyfriend, and they were later married. So it could happen to anyone.

NEVER stop praying <3

PS: I realize that you can still enjoy life even as a single. The one thing that keeps me going is having God in my life.

• Being Single

Hello I grew up going to church, and being in groups with children in general was hard, because it felt like everyone was looking down on me as if they knew better.

So eventually, I gave up, and stuck with my special needs friends. It made me feel more at home, but it made it harder for me to find a Christian boyfriend, someone I desperately wanted as a teenager.

I was so afraid that I would be a spinster for my entire youth life, not that I should be (God always says "Don't be afraid") , but my mum had Christian friends in her generation who never found their ones.

I prayed and prayed. Sometimes I would moan about being single to my parents, and they would always reassure me that I will find someone, and they were right.

I eventually met an autistic lad. He asked me if I would like to go out with him, as a friend (just us two) now I've never really been out with a boy on my own before. I was going to invite at least one friend to tag along with me, but didn't get round to it.

Anyway it went very well. We just seem to have a lot in common other than our backgrounds, we liked each other and he made me feel special to him, so it didn't matter to me  weather he was a Christian or not. Really the main thing is they care about/love you. God answered my prayer :D

Hopefully I will stay with this guy is the one for me. It would be a shame to let him go, because he's so kind and caring and has a lot of the characteristics and qualities I like.

My mum also knows a Christian couple with an autistic daughter. She eventually found an autistic boyfriend, and they were later married. So it could happen to anyone.

NEVER stop praying <3

PS: I realize that you can still enjoy life even as a single. The one thing that keeps me going is having God in my life.

Children
No Data