Psychiatry uk assessment - why the focus on childhood?? Partway through and likely to get discharged because I’ve not enough evidence as a kid?

As in the title really. I’m scoring high on self-diagnosis questionnaires and was referred at the advice of single point of access and my GP, but I don’t really remember that much about childhood as I’m 43 and my parents are nearly 80 so remember even less. My school reports focus entirely on how good I am at my subjects and give no background on me as a person. I have no siblings and no childhood friends. I’ve done a first assessment and have a follow up later this week and as all the questions focussed entirely on childhood apparently there’s little evidence of anything. Not sure why I’m putting this on really. I just feel a bit desperate as I thought I had started to understand myself a bit better but maybe not? Don’t they take anything from adulthood into account at all?

Parents
  • This sounds so convenient for them to only focus on childhood, so that they have an easy excuse to deliberately not help any further - because it was decades ago, official records would have been destroyed as there would have not been the same protections around data that we have today (although today they could still “accidentally” delete data by various means) - another thing was that in times past, people heavily used hidden, euphemistic language to talk about, discuss and describe many things, including about mental health issues, especially if they were out of kilter with the accepted social norms of that time and this included people like doctors where such euphemisms crept into official documents, obscuring the true meanings, making it virtually impossible to prove anything even in court - since Covid, when many of these historic cases resurfaced, I’m very suspicious of thier true intentions and I suspect malice, corruption and malpractice, especially as they are banking on the fact that your elderly parents have no memories of what happened so long ago - childhood issues may not have even been recorded if it had been considered “deemed” not sufficiently serious to record such issues - if there is any avenue on which you can reasonably assess yourself that you challenge it then I would do so and the simplest way to do this is that if there is any evidence from adulthood, it should be submitted 

• I’m very suspicious of thier true intentions and I suspect malice, corruption and malpractice

It's perhaps unwise to make unfounded and potentially libellous accusations here. 

As I explained in my original reply in this thread, it's entirely normal for autism assessments to include a focus on childhood history.

• I agree.
    From My own experience Childhood is an important factor in assessments because with ASD our
    childhood forms a foundation, and " Sows the seeds " of Autism.

Reply Children
No Data