To mask or not to mask for assessment

Hi.

I have done hours and hours or research on autism in adult females and 100% sure I have it. 

I have an official nhs scotland test in 2 weeks time and absolutely terrified about it.

I dont know whether I should try (although I really do struggle) to unmask for the assessment 

Or just act as I do around other strangers and put on one of my many masks that allow me to function somewhat in the real world, for instance my job is a nurse and I have got that mask down to a T! 

Any advise or any more detailed information about what the initial assessment entails would be amazing

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Hi! I had my assessment earlier this year, and did the classic (?) 1000 hours of research of what to do, what to expect, how to act etc.

- this is YOUR assessment. They are professionals, dedicating time to you, non judgemental, and the only way you get a genuine outcome for yourself is by being genuine

- take up as much space as you need. Describe the hell about what you’re thinking, even if it’s 5 things at once. If you can’t do something you’re asked to do, try and explain why. Again, there’s no judgement in the room

- if you’re really used to masking (which can make the questions seem very hard to answer) answer each one in two parts - what you would normally do in that situation (masking/ learned etc) and what you would prefer/ instinctively do

• Hi! I had my assessment earlier this year, and did the classic (?) 1000 hours of research of what to do, what to expect, how to act etc.

- this is YOUR assessment. They are professionals, dedicating time to you, non judgemental, and the only way you get a genuine outcome for yourself is by being genuine

- take up as much space as you need. Describe the hell about what you’re thinking, even if it’s 5 things at once. If you can’t do something you’re asked to do, try and explain why. Again, there’s no judgement in the room

- if you’re really used to masking (which can make the questions seem very hard to answer) answer each one in two parts - what you would normally do in that situation (masking/ learned etc) and what you would prefer/ instinctively do

Children
No Data