To mask or not to mask for assessment

Hi.

I have done hours and hours or research on autism in adult females and 100% sure I have it. 

I have an official nhs scotland test in 2 weeks time and absolutely terrified about it.

I dont know whether I should try (although I really do struggle) to unmask for the assessment 

Or just act as I do around other strangers and put on one of my many masks that allow me to function somewhat in the real world, for instance my job is a nurse and I have got that mask down to a T! 

Any advise or any more detailed information about what the initial assessment entails would be amazing

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • This is the one time that 200 percent you can and do need to be yourself.

I made sure they understood the  extent that I mask too, When asked what I'd do in a certain situation, I explained when that was me masking, for example when asked "if you were invited to a social event what would you do?" I'd explain that "I'd want to hide, but I know I should do xyz so do that instead and struggle through the anxiety". 

Good luck, I hope it all goes ok!

• This is the one time that 200 percent you can and do need to be yourself.

I made sure they understood the  extent that I mask too, When asked what I'd do in a certain situation, I explained when that was me masking, for example when asked "if you were invited to a social event what would you do?" I'd explain that "I'd want to hide, but I know I should do xyz so do that instead and struggle through the anxiety". 

Good luck, I hope it all goes ok!

Children
No Data