10 Year Old Daughter Stimming

My daughter has hummed since she was 18 months old now 10 years old. She hums at school, watching tv particularly when she’s doing something she enjoys or when concentrating. We have always thought she would grow out of it, but since her teacher questioned autism a lot of her other behaviours which we put down to ‘just been her’ are looking like she does have autism. And has learnt to mask all these years. We are currently on a waiting list. Just wondering if any other mums had any advice especially to do with the humming? 

Parents
  • I also used to hum, but other things I pick my lip or ear, twirling my fingers and rocking. I was always shamed for doing these things and it made it only worse and when it was  forbidden to do it I became more nervous and anxious. 

• I also used to hum, but other things I pick my lip or ear, twirling my fingers and rocking. I was always shamed for doing these things and it made it only worse and when it was  forbidden to do it I became more nervous and anxious. 

Children
No Data