Work stress

I've been working at a preschool since last year, doing part time, so just two days a week. Now I have been doing one day a week because my stress has got so bad and I'm struggling with coping with so many things all at once.

My dad has type 2 Diabetes and he's not had a check up for a few years because of covid he was lost on the list - seems a really bad excuse to me IMO - but I am trying to cope with the results. He's got diabetic retinopathy - and his sugar levels need to come down - he's on new medication.

I enjoy working. I love children and I am still very childlike and love playing toys and games so it's really well suited for me. My boss knows I'm autistic and she's being really supportive which I am grateful for.

I just wish there wasn't so much stress going on right now. I wish even more I didn't overthink and get so anxious.

I'm new here by the way this is my first post.

Parents
  • Hi J,

Nice to meet you. 

I'm sorry to hear about your dad and him having diabetic retinopathy. My dad has diabetes too and it has been pretty stressful on and off for us for a number of years. I hope the treatment for his retinopathy helps to improve things for him. 

It is so cool that you enjoy your work and that your boss is supportive. I have recently left a job because of work stress and now am talking myself around that the new job I have got is going to be better. I work part time too.

I hope that your stress levels come down and that you feel better soon.

• Hi J,

Nice to meet you. 

I'm sorry to hear about your dad and him having diabetic retinopathy. My dad has diabetes too and it has been pretty stressful on and off for us for a number of years. I hope the treatment for his retinopathy helps to improve things for him. 

It is so cool that you enjoy your work and that your boss is supportive. I have recently left a job because of work stress and now am talking myself around that the new job I have got is going to be better. I work part time too.

I hope that your stress levels come down and that you feel better soon.

Children
No Data