Anyone else get this? Unexpected conversations

I had an autie moment this morning when I was going up the stairs to my study room in the student union after getting a coffee. I always do this at this time in the morning and never see anyone.

Then a guy said hello and introduced himself. My brain scrambled. All he did was introduce himself and ask me how I was doing but I just couldn't reply normally. I went "Yeah things are getting busy this semester, I have two projects and exams are coming up" with my tone of voice way off.

It was only when I was at my desk that my brain caught up and I realised that had I been expecting to meet someone on the stairs I would have had a completely normal nice conversation. But because I was surprised my brain seemed to go into autopilot hence the talk about my tasks, when if I was talking normally I'd probably have said along the lines of "I'm doing good, I went to the park on saturday which was cool, how about you"

Anyone else get this? Like, meeting someone on the stairs even though I don't usually shouldn't make my brain scramble, but somehow it does? 

Parents Reply Children
No Data