Private sensory room business

I have a daughter who is currently awaiting diagnosis for pda austism and quite possibly some other things in the mix.

I have struggled to find a relaxing place for my daughter so I’m opening a private sensory room
I plan to do complete room hires also small group sessions for primary aged children with special needs and well as babies

Just had my location confirmed it’s in a converted barn on a farm very peaceful
Just wanted to ask for other mums help and suggestions to what they would like to see? What would put them off also

I’m looking around £5/7 a child for a hour group session with a max of 5 kids
To hire out exclusively and share if you wish with a friend £25 an hour

Unsure whether to make have a ball pond and soft play shapes as not sure if it will take the calming aspect away

I would really appreciate any help at all my life savings are building it and really can’t afford for it to go wrong!

Parents
  • I set it up and it went under within the year 

All money gone I would advise highly against it 

People generally had issues paying more than £3 a head as I had to pre book people often would be no shows 

However I would suggest doing mobile sensory you can hire halls etc for very little without getting mullered for business rates 

It depends on area too we are in Cambridgeshire I used a converted barn but the heat was never right

Sorry to be all down on it but I’d hate someone else to go through the heat ache I have 

Please feel free to msg me 

• Can I ask what your set up looked like? was it just an open gym that was created with multi sensory in mind? or was it individual rooms?

Reply Children
No Data