Private sensory room business

I have a daughter who is currently awaiting diagnosis for pda austism and quite possibly some other things in the mix.

I have struggled to find a relaxing place for my daughter so I’m opening a private sensory room
I plan to do complete room hires also small group sessions for primary aged children with special needs and well as babies

Just had my location confirmed it’s in a converted barn on a farm very peaceful
Just wanted to ask for other mums help and suggestions to what they would like to see? What would put them off also

I’m looking around £5/7 a child for a hour group session with a max of 5 kids
To hire out exclusively and share if you wish with a friend £25 an hour

Unsure whether to make have a ball pond and soft play shapes as not sure if it will take the calming aspect away

I would really appreciate any help at all my life savings are building it and really can’t afford for it to go wrong!

Parents
  • HiI have just come across this forum as I had a similar idea recently. I would be in the same situation as yourself and would be investing everything I have into this.

I work with children who have been diagnosed with autism and also children with trauma and attachment difficulties. I access the sensory room we have in school on a regular basis. To see the difference in these children is my ultimate goal. 

I have a few questions if you dont mind answering?

Did you set the sensory room up ? 

Approximately how much did it cost you to start this up ? Renting a place ? Equipment  etc ?

Has it been successful ?

Have you recouped what you invested into this ?

I would really appreciate any help in answering these questions.

Thank you

• HiI have just come across this forum as I had a similar idea recently. I would be in the same situation as yourself and would be investing everything I have into this.

I work with children who have been diagnosed with autism and also children with trauma and attachment difficulties. I access the sensory room we have in school on a regular basis. To see the difference in these children is my ultimate goal. 

I have a few questions if you dont mind answering?

Did you set the sensory room up ? 

Approximately how much did it cost you to start this up ? Renting a place ? Equipment  etc ?

Has it been successful ?

Have you recouped what you invested into this ?

I would really appreciate any help in answering these questions.

Thank you

Children
No Data