Professionals blaming parents for childrens' difficulties

Hello everyone. I just thought i would enquire here about something I have seen discussed a few times. It seems to be quite common for parents of children with asd / adhd to be blamed for their childrens' behaviour. I find this quite worrying and troubling. Does anyone here have experience of this? It seems not uncommon judging by how many times its mentioned on groups that I have joined. It just seems quite sad that some professionals do this. Surely its not right or ethical? How can this be changed? 

Parents
  • I’m quite different because I am autistic and my mum clearly is too. All she was was emotionally distant and neglectful, so I fully blame her for my autism. I know she caused it, if she had paid more attention to me and showed she loved me more I would be a much happier person. That’s why I don’t talk to her and moved on with my life without her and her family that also have autism.

• I’m quite different because I am autistic and my mum clearly is too. All she was was emotionally distant and neglectful, so I fully blame her for my autism. I know she caused it, if she had paid more attention to me and showed she loved me more I would be a much happier person. That’s why I don’t talk to her and moved on with my life without her and her family that also have autism.

Children
No Data