Position on Suramin

Hello everyone,

I came on the forum to see if anybody had posted anything about the Suramin & Autism Trial at UCSD (Cell Danger Respone Theory). I don't see anything on here about it, or on the website. Or if anyone has an opinion on it who maybe knows more about this research?

Does anyone know the position of the NAS on this trial? There was also a report on it in last weeks Economist. This is one link of many. If you punch Suramin and Autism into google you will get others.

www.nofone.org/dr-naviaux-q-and-a-suramin

Parents
  • The 'Cell Danger Response Theory' was also covered by 'www.sciencedaily.com' in their Health->- Mind-&-Brain>Autism section in May, titled: Century-old drug as potential new approach to autism.

Personally, I think Robert K. Naviaux, MD, PhD, really has hit the nail on the head with this research involving the CDR Theory and Suramin.

This is certainly not a cure for autism, in that it cannot be cured, but reducing the confining characteristics of it most certainly can be as a result of this research. I strongly suspect though that Suramin itself is not 'the' answer - but almost certainly a catalyst for finding more effective treatment methodologies. After-all - Suramin (as an anti-parasitic) is well known as being toxicological with unpleasant side-effects, so finding healthy options is going to be of considerable benefit.

• The 'Cell Danger Response Theory' was also covered by 'www.sciencedaily.com' in their Health->- Mind-&-Brain>Autism section in May, titled: Century-old drug as potential new approach to autism.

Personally, I think Robert K. Naviaux, MD, PhD, really has hit the nail on the head with this research involving the CDR Theory and Suramin.

This is certainly not a cure for autism, in that it cannot be cured, but reducing the confining characteristics of it most certainly can be as a result of this research. I strongly suspect though that Suramin itself is not 'the' answer - but almost certainly a catalyst for finding more effective treatment methodologies. After-all - Suramin (as an anti-parasitic) is well known as being toxicological with unpleasant side-effects, so finding healthy options is going to be of considerable benefit.

Children
No Data