Social Story resources

Hi!

I have currently accepted a job offer within a mainstream school, to support a year 5 child with autism. I have worked with younger years, however this will be new to me (working with an older child) 

I was wondering if any of you knew of any good free websites or links to social stories as this resource would be beneficial!! 

If you have any advice for me I am open to ideas!!

Thank You!!! :)

• Hi,

As I have written in my other reply I have used Social Stories, but the best ones are those you write specifically for that child.  Only use one at a time, you may be tempted to do more, but don't be fooled that they are easy to follow through for the autistic person.  I like to know what the rules for a certain situation are, but they are the rules of the Neurotypical person.  What about you also learning the autsitc rules for a similar situation?  You would not find it wasy to do an autistic persons response to a situation would you?  So, please understand that learning a NTs ways of doing things is as difficult for the autistic person, as the other way around.  Rant over.

I wish you success, but do go carefully,

Margaret